Sunday, May 31, 2009

From the Heart


Ahh, sunny days. Taking a trip down memory lane of summers past: Makes me think of catching lightning bugs in the yard at sunset - I'd place them in some grass in an old clean jelly jar with holes punched in the lid. Makes me think of catching June bugs - I'd tie a string to one leg and it would fly around in circles. Makes me think of buttercups making my nose yellow. Makes me think of playing hopscotch on chalked sidewalks. Makes me think of eating popsicles and playing Frisbee. Makes me think of laying out in the sun hoping to tan, but only burning. Makes me think of sitting around a campfire at night. Makes me think of eating ice cold watermelon and spitting seeds on the ground. Makes me think of homemade ice cream. Makes me think of fresh strawberry pie. Makes me think of a pitcher of homemade lemonade. Makes me think of swinging on the porch swing. Makes me think of painting my toe nails on the front porch. Makes me think of running through the water sprinklers. Makes me think of staying up late and sleeping in. Makes me think of blowing bubbles and wearing shorts and going barefooted. Makes me think of riding my bike without a helmet down hills. Oh, to be a kid again! As you can tell, I love sunny days.

No comments: