Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summertime Blues

I am back after the sad overwhelming loss of a wonderful man, my faithful father. He passed away Wednesday, June 24th 2009 at the age of 81 due to acute leukemia. God granted his prayers to die at home (just the day before he was in the hospital). My mother, my sister Donna, my brother Kenney, and my sister-in-law Sharon were in the home during his passing. God granted our prayers, he died in his sleep with no suffering.

A beautiful funeral service was held in his memory at Jasper AL as well as a graveside service near his birthplace. My father died the same week as Michael Jackson, Farrah Faucet, and Ed McMahan. Much ado was made over these celebrities' lives. But in my book, none of them hold a candle to the life my father lived.

He lived his life with integrity. He was a realist, a practical down-to-earth person. He stood for "truth." He has taken care of my bedridden mother for the past three years. Words can't fully describe my father, you had to know him personally to understand him.

Coping with the grief has been tough, it's hard to let him go. I've cried a sea of tears. I greatly miss him, with great sorrow and affection he shall forever be in my memory.

Thanks to all of you who offered prayers, words of encouragement, and sent cards/flowers during my mourning.

Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you."

Psalms 36:5 "Your love, oh Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

No comments: