Sunday, October 18, 2009

God's Promises for Tough Times

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

"The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him." Nahum 1:7

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy paths acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5,6

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

"Humble yourselves therefore unto the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5:6,7

"Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Lord, to the mighty One of Israel." Isaiah 30:29

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." IS 26:3

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee," Isaiah 43:2

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7

"In God I have put my trust: I will not be afraid what men can do unto me." Psalm 56:11

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

No comments: