Saturday, June 6, 2009

Personal Happiness

Choose happiness, that's my message today. We tend to hunger for our own personal happiness, but somehow we often feel guilty, selfish, at the expense of our own poor hollow souls. Naturally, we want our life to be both significant and recognized.

Joy originates within. A key to personal happiness is a well-balanced life. Happiness lies in the passions we pursue and in the pressures we decline. Take time to read, write, converse with friends, contemplate, etc... For me, I'm nurtured not just by what I put in my mouth, but also what I put in my mind. That's why I read, watch television, ... to fill my mind with new inspiration and insight.

I like to think of myself as a happy person. I try to be cheerful and positive. Negativity gets you nowhere, people don't want to be around you. I notice that some people live with the curtains drawn, their home is a work trap. If that's you, please don't live like that. You must find a way to express yourself, whether it's writing, singing, dancing, painting, drawing, or whatever appeals to you.

Here are some helpful hints: Don't take yourself too seriously. You can't please everyone. Don't let others set your standards. Do the things you enjoy. Don't borrow others' troubles. Don't hold grudges. Don't brood over past mistakes. Keep busy. Help the unfortunate. Appreciate the little things in life.

I am proud of being a wife, a mother, a grandmother. But those are only roles in life, not the core of my being. I love the fact that Dale and I are absolutely a team. He has always encouraged me to live as fully and as rich a life as possible while I'm here on earth. Thanks sweetheart!

No comments: