Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

A New Year's Prayer

Another year is dawning
With the chance to start anew.
May I be kinder, wiser, Lord,
In all I say and do.
Not so caught up in selfish gain
That I would fail to see
The things in life that mean the most
Cost not a fancy fee.
The warm, kind word that I can give,
The outstretched hand to help,
The prayers I pray for those in need--
More precious these than wealth.
I know not what may lie ahead
Of laughter or of tears;
I only need to know each day
That You are walking near.
I'm thankful for this brand new year
As now I humbly pray,
My hand secure in Yours, dear Lord,
Each step along the way.
**
Kay Hoffman




2009 Goals:

Health: lower cholesteral and blood pressure #s.

Spiritual: devotions everyday! I'm always blessed when I do.

Celebrate: being in my 40s while I still can!

Vacation: to someplace warm and sunny. 

Finances:  reduce personal debt, pay off bills. 

"Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole
more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first day of January
let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past."  - Henry Ward Beecher

No comments: